The Team have just returned from two days testing at Aragon in preparation for the first race of the European Classic Championship to be held at Imola on 20th April. The championship will comprise three rounds – Imola , Spa and Aragon, all 4 hr events. In addition to the ECC races, the Sweatshop Phase One team will also compete at three non-championship races: The Mettet 4hrs, the Oschersleben 4 hrs and the Classic Bol d’Or.
Peter Linden will represent the team at all rounds, with Hugh Brasher and Stephane Mertens in support.
The two 1978 P&M Kawasakis have been extensively developed over the winter and will debut the season at least 7kgs lighter than the spec. used to win the Mettet and Imola races last year. The Team really have been busy !
We are very pleased to confirm that our main sponsor for 2013 will again be long term partner ‘Sweatshop’.
Several new sponsors will also be helping the team in 2013 and the full sponsor lineup will be announced within the next few weeks.
Aragon test – Over 60 laps covered, roughly equally on both frames 15 and 17, by Peter Linden on day 1.
All test objectives were achieved in sunny warm conditions, with track temperatures in the low 20Cs.
The notable work involved;
- Starter motor tests
- Selection of the most suitable of 9 ignition curves.
- Endurance testing of new looms, battery boxes, high power electrical connectors, ignition trigger, ECU and pick ups.
- Tank connector flow rate tests.
- Fuel consumption tests in preparation for the Aragon race.
- Lightweight fairing, lower and rear mounting tests.
- Front suspension optimisation.
- 520 chain and sprocket tests.
- Establishment of base settings for the Aragon race.